Explain how arrangements for consultation with workers may be made more effective. Arrangements for consultation with workers might be made more effective by:
- The establishment of safety committees;
- Consultation with elected representatives of employee safety;
- Planned direct consultation at departmental meetings,
- Team meetings, tool box talks and staff appraisals;
- Consultation as part of an accident or incident investigation or as part of a risk assessment;
- Day to day informal consultation by supervisors with their team;
- Questionnaires and suggestion
If formal meetings are to be held, it is important to ensure that:
- There is a correct balance between management and worker representation;
- That an agenda is set and the meeting well managed by the chair;
- That the business of the meeting is not side tracked by discussion of non health and safety issues;
- That minutes of and report back from the meeting are made available to the workforce as a whole and
- That actions agreed receive attention without undue delay.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download