Certified Master Trainer (UK)
Gain a practical, how-to overview of the entire training function. Through modeling of the best practices and latest techniques in training delivery, discover the 4Ps of training:
- Purpose & Assessment
- Planning & Preparation
- Presentation & Facilitation
- Performance & Evaluation
New trainers will gain a strong foundation in critical training skills and seasoned trainers will be introduced to new approaches for delivering powerful training
Learner feedback indicates high value in the following areas: student engagement, expert facilitation, and applicable tools and techniques.
How long will it take
Delivery would typically be through 3 days face to face training course
- Describe the training cycle.
- Identify and determine the need for training—what, who, and how.
- Write effective learning objectives.
- Design participant-oriented learning materials and exercises.
- Apply adult learning concepts, develop supportive climates, and customize off-the-shelf materials.
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategize for different learning needs, and create effective questioning techniques.
- Prepare properly for a training session, and prepare participants to foster learning.
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- Address challenging participants and behaviours.
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of audio visuals and handouts.
- Evaluate program impact at different levels using a variety of methods.
- Identify the five level of evaluation.
This program is ideal for new trainers or experienced trainers who have not had formal education in training. It is also for those trainers who need a refresher to improve their classroom techniques and methods to transfer learning to work situations.
AOSH UK Train the Trainer programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
- Open Your Training with PUNCH
- A Day in the Life of a Trainer
- A Trainer’s Process
- The Training Cycle
Topic 2 – Purpose & Assessment +
- Needs Assessment
- Analysis Basics
- Data Collection
- Learning Objectives
- Applying Verbs to Levels of Learning
Topic 3 – Planning & Preparation +
- Adult Learning Principles
- Instructional Design
- Preparing the Materials, the Environment, and Yourself
- The Four Dimensions of Training
Topic 4 – Presentation & Facilitation +
- Preferences for Learning
- Establishing a Positive Learning Environment
- Facilitating, Training, Presenting
- Challenges of the Profession
Topic 5 – Performance +
- Levels of Evaluation
- What is Level 5?
- Maintain Your Professionalism
- Strive for Excellence