Checks That The Driver Should Carry Out Before The Lifting Operation
A mobile crane has been permitted to be used on a construction site.
Identify checks that the driver should carry out before the lifting operation.
Identifying checks such as
- The prevailing weather conditions;
- The availability of current inspection certificates for the crane;
- The condition of the ground on which the crane was to be sited to ensure it was firm and level;
- The availability and condition of the lifting accessories;
- That outriggers were deployed and were properly positioned;
- That the load to be lifted was within the safe working load of the crane;
- That adequate communication systems were in place and that the driver and the banksman fully
- Understood the signalling system to be used;
- That the landing position was clear and that there were no obstructions in the lifting path;
- That no site personnel were working under the line of the lift; and,
- Before lifting, that the hook was not attached to a fixed or anchored load.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download