The Circumstances Under Which A Health And Safety Inspector May Serve A Improvement Notice & Prohibition Notice
Possible costs such as those associated with the accidents are:
- Improvement Notice – To serve an improvement notice, an inspector must be of the opinion that there is a breach of relevant statutory provisions, or that there has been a breach that is likely to be continued or repeated.
- A relevant example would be a floor that has been poorly maintained in contravention of the requirements of the Workplace (Health, Safety, and Welfare) Regulations 1992.
- Prohibition Notice – For a prohibition notice to be served, an inspector must be of the opinion that there is, or is likely to be, a risk of serious personal injury.
- A relevant example would be a scaffold that has been poorly constructed and is therefore in an unsafe condition.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: