Identify control measures that an employer could take to reduce the risk of violence between workers. The control measures that an employer could take to reduce the risk of violence between workers include:
- Briefing staff on problems that are likely to occur and giving them training in dealing with them such as de-escalation techniques
- Introducing a policy of zero tolerance for workplace violence
- Setting up procedures for reporting any occurrence of violence
- Providing counselling for both perpetrators and victims of violence
- Arranging for re-location in different parts of the worksite where this is possible;
- Introducing a policy for alcohol and substance misuse including the disciplinary action to be taken against offenders
- Prohibiting the carrying of weapons on site
- Employing security personnel together with CCTV
- Introducing a recruitment.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: