Identify the control measures to prevent slip and trip hazards in an Engineering workshop.
Control Measures such as:
- The initial design and layout of the workplace with designated Walkways and non-slip floors;
- A system of maintenance which ensures the prompt Repair of floor defects such as holes and bumps;
- Procedures for avoiding and dealing With spillages particularly those associated with the filling and
- Draining of machinery And its maintenance;
- The provision of adequate lighting and highlight strips to warn of A difference in levels;
- The provision of hand rails and edge protection on stairways;
- A Good standard of housekeeping (including the proper management of cables and Hoses) and
- Procedures for reporting defects and incidents.
Other Important Useful Links:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers