The Control Measures To Prevent Slips & Trip Hazards In An Engineering Factory
Outline the precautionary measures that may be needed to prevent slips and trip hazards in an engineering factory.
- The condition of the floor/road surface – these need to be well maintained (not holes) and kept in a clean condition
- Having designated walkways
- Having a protected walkway – fencing, barrier,
- Timely removal of any contamination of the walking surface from spillages and leaks,
- Ensure that accumulations of debris, stacking of items, that cause obstructions to a walkway are not permitted
- The availability of adequate space to undertake the expected task
- The environment – lighting levels to be adequate,
- Noise that may disguise traffic activity to be addressed
- Footwear being worn to be suitable and sufficient
- Introduction of training of persons so that they are aware of the dangers in the area and the site rules
- Provision of warning and/reminder signage
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: