Control Measures to Segregate the Pedestrians and Vehicles in the Workplace & Control Measures to Reduce the Risk to Pedestrians When Segregation is not Practicable.
Control Measures to Segregate the Pedestrians and Vehicles In the Workplace
Control measures such as:
- The provision of separate walkways which are clearly marked;
- The provision of barriers and fencing;
- Site rules which are strictly enforced;
- The issue of instructions to drivers; and
- The provision of instruction and training to pedestrians on the precautions that must be observed.
Control Measures to Reduce the risk to pedestrians When segregation is not Practicable
When segregation is not possible, measures to reduce the risk to pedestrians include:
- The provision of designated safe crossing points and refuges;
- Fitting vehicles with audible or visual alarms for example to give warning of a reversing operation;
- The use of banks man to ensure safe vehicle movement in areas where pedestrians are likely to be present;
- Ensuring a good standard of visibility by the
- Provision of mirrors, transparent doors, and CCTV;
- The introduction of a speed restriction on vehicles;
- The use of trained and authorized drivers particularly for forklift trucks;
- The provision and use of high visibility personal protective equipment; and
- The provision of a good standard of lighting which avoids the possibility of glare.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: