Daily Work Site Checklist of Tower Crane Operations
- Crane Checklist
This checklist is meant for use by persons conducting daily work site safety inspections of crane
operations. This checklist is not intended for setup or placement of cranes, nor is it intended to
provide a comprehensive safety evaluation of all crane operations.
(1) Is there a designated competent person?
(2) Is the crane clear of any overhead electrical lines?
(3) Is the crane blocked, or otherwise secured, and barricaded to keep unauthorized personnel
out of the area?
(4) Are workers prohibited from riding the load?
- Safety Information and Features
(1) Are the load rating chart and other warnings and instructions secured to the crane and
accessible to the operator?
(2) Are all lifts performed within the stated capacity of the crane and rigging?
(3) Is there a fire extinguisher in the cab?
(4) Is there a functioning audible warning device on board?
(5) Are the foot walks capable of supporting a worker, and are there standard handrails and
(6) Is the cab equipped with locks and seatbelts?
(7) Is the crane equipped with boom stops and jib boom stops?
(8) Are exposed moving parts, including gears, shafts, and sprockets guarded?
(9) Is the crane operator receiving signals from only one designated signal man?
(10) Is the signal man in sight of the operator at all times during lifts?
- Condition of Equipment
(1) Are the main boom, jib boom, or boom extensions free of any evidence of cracks, corrosion,
or other degradation?
(2) Is the rigging equipment in good condition?
(3) Are the rung ropes free of distortion, birdcaging, corrosion, or broken or cut strands?
(4) Has the crane been inspected within the last year?Comments:
(Describe any “no” responses noted above and corrective action taken.)
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Slides Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC eBooks Pdf Free Download
- NEBOSH Diploma Examiners Reports Download