Definition Of Accident, Near Miss, Incident and Dangerous Occurrence
What is Accident?
Event resulting in
- Injury to People or
- Damage to Equipment Or Plant
Is Called Accident.
What is Near Miss?
A Near Miss can be described as an incident that results in no injury or damage, but which had the potential to do so.
What is Incident?
An incident can be described as an undesired event that has caused or could have caused damage, death, injury or ill health
What is Dangerous Occurrence?
A Dangerous Occurrence is defined as a “near miss” that would have led to a major injury or death if it had affected a person is called Dangerous Occurrence
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: