Explain the difference between Proactive and Re-active monitoring and give an example of each.
Proactive monitoring which monitors the achievement of plans and the degree of compliance with standards before an Accident, Incident on Ill Health.
Reactive monitoring – monitors after accidents, ill health and incidents.
Examples for Proactive Monitoring:
- Performance Reviews,
- Review of training assessments, records and needs,
- Workplace Inspections,
- Management system audits
- Safety Surveys
Examples for Reactive Monitoring:
- Accident I Incidence Rates, ill
- Ill Health incidence records and rate
- Accident investigation reports
- Accident frequency rates
- Accident severity rates
- Sickness and absence records
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: