Identify types of biological agents
- Fungi are small organisms that produce spores.
- It is the spores that may be inhaled or enter the body through the skin.
- Bacteria are very small single cell organisms, which invade and infect humans.
- Destroyed by the employment of antibiotics. However, antibiotic resistant bacteria are developing and are becoming increasingly difficult to treat.
- They are minute organisms which develop within the cells of the body e.g. the common cold, hepatitis, HIV.
- Recognised as a major source of illness, although usually of short duration.
- Viruses are microscopic organisms which multiply in the living cells of their hosts.
- They do not multiply in food, although food may be the vehicle that introduces the virus into the host.
- Some ten viral particles are sufficient to cause illness, thus it is highly infective.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Slides Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC eBooks Pdf Free Download
- NEBOSH Diploma Examiners Reports Download