Which Factors Should Be Considered In An Ergonomic Assessment
Outline which factors should be considered in an ergonomic assessment of a DSE workstation.
- Equipment in use, screen, keyboard, mouse, document holder, foot-rest,
- Environment in terms of lighting, heating noise
- Task being undertaken, basic office use, data entry, information requiring a high degree of concentration,
- The individual themselves and their interrelationships between the following four points
- Repetition of the work – highly repetitive, rapid hand and finger movements,
- The actual working posture of the individual e. fingers, hands and wrists
- Working posture of shoulders and arms, are they appropriate
- Psychosocial factors such as
- The pace of work,
- Unplanned overtime / shift work,
- Little control over own work,
- Stressful deadlines,
- Lack of training
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: