Identify factors to be considered to reduce the risks to workers required to work alone away from the workplace.
The factor to be considered such as:
- To identifying firstly the factors that would contribute to the potential risk such as the work to be done and its associated hazards and then went on to identify factors that might possibly reduce the level of risk such as the competence,
- Training and suitability of the persons involved;
- The provision of appropriate equipment and/or materials;
- The provision of personal protective equipment such as eye and hearing protection;
- Ensuring adequate means of communication with the home base and supervision to ensure that the correct working procedures were being followed;
- Addressing both the question of security to counter the potential for violence and psychological factors such as working alone for long periods of time;
- Ensuring adequate arrangements for travel and the provision of welfare facilities and emergency and first aid procedures.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download