Outline the factors that may indicate that health and safety standards within an organisation do not reflect the objectives within the ‘statement of intent’.
The factors that may indicate that health and safety standards within an organisation do not reflect the objectives within the ‘statement of intent’ are numerous and may include:
- Absence and accident rates deteriorating or not achieving their target
- Enforcement actions following non-compliance to legislative standards
- Non-conformances being raised at times such as audits and inspections
- Increase of complaints by workers regarding conditions
- Risk assessments not being reviewed in a timely manner
- Trainings that are health and safety related are not taking place or are not refreshed if and when required.
- Persons not conforming to safe systems of work indicating a slipping / negative safety culture
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download