Outline the factors that will determine the level of supervision that a new employee should receive during their initial period of employment within an organisation. (8)
A number of factors can determine the initial level of supervision that should be given to someone starting work in an organisation. These include:
- The age of the employee, as well as his/her experience of work in general, and of the task to be performed in particular;
- The nature and complexity of the task and its inherent risks;
- The person’s skills and qualifications for the work;
- His/her attitude and aptitude;
- The systems of work and any specific safety requirements applying to the task;
- The employee’s communication skills and any special needs he/she may have.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download