Outline four external and four internal influences that might initiate a health and safety policy review. External Influences:
- Changes in legislation and guidance;
- Action by the enforcement authority;
- A civil claim and/or advice from an insurance company;
- Information from manufacturers;
- Client considerations or complaints;
- Suggestions from professional bodies or trade unions;
- As a result of an audit by an external
- Significant changes in the structure of the organisation;
- Alterations to working arrangements;
- After the introduction of new or changed processes or work methods;
- Following changes in key personnel;
- Where risk assessments, monitoring exercises or accident investigations show that the policy is no longer effective or relevant;
- Following consultation with employees and after a sufficient period of time has elapsed since the previous review to suggest that another one is due.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: