- Outline a good lifting technique that could be adopted by a person when lifting a load from the
- Give TWO examples of how a manual handling task might be avioded.
- Ensure appropriate clothing is worn to avoid entanglement or inhibition of movement
- back straight
- Grip the Test the weight to ensure within your capability
- Keep feet slightly apart,
- Bend knees
- Lower the body to the load
- Keep the load firmly and close to the body
- Smoothly lift the load – first to knee level, then to waist level
- Avoid any jerking movement
- Make sure you can see where you are going
- Without twisting the body turn by feet movement
- Move the load to the required destination, at all times keeping the load as close as possible to your body
- Set the load down at the desired location, first from the waist level, then to knee level and then to the
- Replace with mechanical means
- Use of a sack truck
- Use of a conveyor
- Use of mechanical lifting equipment (lift truck, scissor lift)
- Use of rollers
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: