Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities Of Directors and Supervisors
There are Three Parts Of this Topic
- Part (a) – Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities Of Directors
- Part (b) – Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities Of Supervisors
- Part (c) – Person with Primary Health & Safety Function Such as Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities Of Directors
The Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities of Directors Include:
- The main health and safety responsibilities of directors and senior managers are to prepare and sign a health and safety policy and to set goals and objectives for the organization;
- To lead by example and to demonstrate commitment;
- To allocate responsibilities for health and safety throughout the organization and to set aside sufficient resources such as for example for training those who have been allocated special roles;
- To secure competent health and safety advice such as by appointing a Health and Safety Advisor;
- To receive monitoring reports and instigate action to rectify any deficiencies that have been found
Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities Of Supervisors
The Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities of Supervisor Include:
- As for supervisors, they should control work in their area of responsibility and set a good example.
- They should take part in carrying out risk assessments, in the development of consequent safe systems of work
- Ensure that members of their teams are fully briefed on the systems once they have been introduced.
- They should carry out inspections of their working areas and deal with any unsafe conditions or actions, reporting to managers if in any situation they personally do not have the power to take the necessary action.
- They have an important role to play in training, coaching and mentoring members of their team.
Person with Primary Health & Safety Function Such as Health and Safety Officer
The Health and Safety Roles & Responsibilities of Health and Safety Officer Include:
- It would be expected to provide expert advice on matters of health and safety;
- Assist in the development of the health and safety policy and procedures and their periodic reviews;
- Intervene when he/she comes across any unsafe conditions or acts;
- Keep health and safety records such as for accidents and any apparent trends;
- Liaise with representatives of external agencies.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: