The Immediate And Longer-Term Actions That Should Be Taken Following An Accident At Work That Has Caused Serious Injury To A Worker
Immediate & Longer-Term Actions such as:
- Isolating the scene of the accident and making the area safe;
- Administering first aid treatment and contacting the emergency services;
- Informing the next of kin and offering counseling and support;
- Notifying the regulatory authority if appropriate and also the insurers;
- Collecting initial evidence such as photographs and sketches and the names of witnesses;
- Setting up the accident investigation team, investigating the accident, determining its root and underlying causes and preparing a report of the investigation;
- Making and implementing recommendations to prevent a recurrence of the accident and ensuring feedback is provided to the workforce;
- Collecting evidence to be used in any possible litigation following the accident and managing the provision of information to the media.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: