Outline the key elements of a health and safety management system (HSG 65)
HSG65 model – outline the six elements in the model,
Policy – which should be a clear statement of intent, setting out the main health and safety aims and objectives of the company and the commitment of management. Then,
Organising – for health and safety‟ which should ensure the allocation of responsibility to members of the workforce with the emphasis on achieving competency and control, together with effective systems for communication and consultation with the workforce. Then
Planning and implementing – that should involve the setting of standards and targets, the completion of hazard identification and risk assessments and the introduction of appropriate control measures. Then
Measuring and evaluating performance – would need to be put in place using proactive and reactive monitoring systems to provide data on the achievement or non-achievement of the objectives and targets set. Finally
Audit – should be carried out to check whether what was planned was actually taking place, and
Review – to consider options for improvement and to set new targets where necessary.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download