Outline the key elements of a health and safety management system (OHSAS 18001)
Policy – which would be appropriate to the nature and scale of the organisation‟s health and safety risks, include a commitment to the prevention of injury and ill health and to comply at least with applicable legal requirements. Then
Planning – would include the introduction of procedures for hazard identification and risk assessment and for identifying and accessing the legal and other health and safety requirements that were applicable to the organisation. It would also be necessary to establish health and safety objectives for relevant functions and levels within the organisation. Then,
Implementation and operation – where senior management would have to demonstrate its commitment, ensure effective lines of communication throughout the organisation and seek effective consultation with and participation by the workforce. Then
Checking – would be concerned with monitoring the extent to which the organisation‟s health and safety objectives are being met and the effectiveness of the risk control measures that have been introduced then
Management review – would by an examination of the results of internal audits and an evaluation of
compliance with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes, assess the extent to which objectives have been met and recommend further improvement that would need to be made.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download