- Give the meaning of the term “Perception”.
- Outline the ways in which workers’ perceptions of hazards in the workplace might be improved.
Perception – The way that people interpret and make sense of presented information, for instance in relation to their surroundings is called perception.
Ways to improve perception by:
- Motivation or to the need to increase awareness in the individual by safety campaigns or posters and
- By increasing knowledge by means of training.
- Need to identify, perhaps by the use of surveys, the reasons for workers’ misperceptions in order to increase awareness and challenge currently held views.
- Making hazards more obvious (for example, by the use of signs) and
- Addressing environmental factors, such as lighting and noise, which might cause distraction or otherwise hinder the perceptual processes.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download