Oil Refinery Operation
The Oil Refinery Operations Online Training Program will prepare you for an entry-level career as an oil refinery operator.
Oil refinery operators are highly paid and enjoy a stable work environment, and there’s an ongoing need for entry-level personnel.
Generally, oil refinery operators enter the workforce in entry-level positions and work their way up, sometimes to senior management positions. Currently a large portion of the workforce is retiring, creating a critical shortage of technical workers for many years to come.
Oil refinery operators have the responsibility to make sure unit and process systems function properly. They consider personnel safety as the primary objective and ensure production processes are operating safely.
They continually monitor instrumentation and the operation of equipment and make adjustments to keep system process variables within acceptable ranges. Oil refinery operators also detect potential and actual problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations.
Professionals in the oil and gas industry or related sectors (in the technical, commercial, legal, finance, or HR departments) interested in oil refining.
To provide broad technical information on refining processes and petroleum products, enabling a rapid immersion in the refining industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Operate an oil refinery with safety as the prime consideration
- Monitor instrumentation and the operation of equipment
- Make adjustments to keep system process variables, such as flows, temperatures, and pressures, within acceptable ranges
- Detect problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations
- Analyze operational trends and take corrective actions
- Use standard operating procedures to start and stop production equipment
- Maintain communication with other operators, maintenance, and management
No matter which Refining & Chemical field you choose to develop your competency in, Edcons Training offers a variety of practical, industry-focused courses that vary in length, location and delivery method, depending on your training needs.
Our job-specific foundation courses and advanced technical competency development solutions are ideal for any professional who needs training for new industrial projects.
- Introduction to crude oil
- Oil &Natural Gas
- Industrial Psychology
- Work Ethics
- Engineering Drawings
- Oil Refinery Processes
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Reactor Technology
- Measurement and Control
- Mass Transfer
- Petroleum Product Testing
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Industrial Corrosion
- Chemical Engineering Calculations
- Corrosion in Oil Refinery
- Process Instrumentation & Control
- Safety in Refinery Operation
- Fuel & Furnaces Technology
- Islamic Culture
- Field Training I
- Field Training – II
- Project I & II
- Field Training are Subject Approval