Powers Given To Health And Safety Enforcement Officers
The Powers Include:
- The right to enter premises, if necessary by enlisting the assistance of a police officer;
- To carry out examinations and investigations;
- To direct that premises or equipment be left undisturbed for the purpose of investigations;
- To take measurements and photographs;
- To inspect and/or take copies of documents and records;
- To take samples;
- To require a person to answer questions and sign a declaration to the truth of his/her answers;
- To take possession of articles and substances;
- To issue enforcement notices;
- To instigate to conduct proceedings in a magistrates’ court.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: