Identify a range of health and safety targets that may be included in the ‘statement of intent’ section of a health and safety policy.
Targets that might be included in the statement of intent section of a health and safety policy could include such targets as
- Compliance by the organisation with the requirements of relevant legislation;
- A reduction in the number of accidents and cases of ill-health;
- The completion of an assessment of all risks in the workplace and its review within a defined time scale;
- The provision to all workers of the necessary information, instruction and training to ensure their competence;
- The maintenance of exposure levels below defined limits;
- Full consultation with the workforce on health and safety issues;
- The provision of sufficient resources to secure the above targets;
- Increasing the number of trainings delivered related to health and safety.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download