Outline the reasons why an organisation should establish health and safety targets
There are several reasons for an organisation to set health and safety targets:
- Evidence of management commitment
- To prioritize and focus on important health and safety issues
- To motivate staff by giving them something tangible to aim for and to encourage their ownership
- To enable performance with standards to be measured and to identify improvements that have been made
- To enable trends to be identified
- To meet the standards of the health and safety management systems
- To highlight the important part that targets can play in facilitating the measurement and review of performance.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download