Outline Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Reasons such as:
- To identify substandard health and safety practices and conditions;
- To identify trends in relation to different types of incident, or incidents in general by analysis of relevant incident data;
- To compare actual performance with previously set targets;
- To “benchmark” the organization’s performance against that of similar organizations or an industry norm;
- To identify whether control measures are in use, to assess their effectiveness and to be able to make decisions on appropriate remedial measures for any deficiencies identified;
- To identify any new or changed risks;
- To assess compliance with legal requirements and accepted national/international standards;
- To be able to provide a Board of Directors or safety committee with relevant information;
- To boost morale and motivate the workforce;
- Ultimately because monitoring and review is a vital component of any safety management system
- It is essential if the system is externally accredited and audited by a specific body.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.