Requirement For Written Health And Safety Policy And The Main Various Methods For Communicating The Contents Of A Policy To The Workforce
- Identify the legal requirements whereby employers must prepare a written statement of their health and safety policy.
- Outline the various methods for communicating the contents of a health and safety policy to a workforce.
- Employer’s duty under section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to prepare a health and safety policy and also to the exemption from the requirement for the policy to be in writing for those employing fewer than five employees.
- Giving employees their own personal copy of the policy or a summary of it;
- Displaying the policy on noticeboards;
- Explaining the content of the policy at team briefings or tool-box talks and during induction or refresher training courses;
- Referring to the policy in internal newsletters, booklets, em ails and intranet communications;
- Making the policy an agenda item at meetings of the health and safety committee.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download