Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
Here We’ll Discuss the Two Parts:
Part (a) – Why It Is Important For An Organisation To Set Health And Safety Targets
Part (b) – What are the Health And Safety Targets That An Organisation Could Set
Let Discuss the First Part (a)
Why It Is Important For An Organisation To Set Health And Safety Targets:
It Is Important For An Organisation To Set Health And Safety Targets Because of the Following Reasons:
- Importance of setting targets in terms of health and safety performance in order to give evidence of management commitment;
- To motivate staff by providing them with something tangible to aim for;
- The important part they can play in facilitating the measurement and review of performance and for benchmarking against other like organizations.
Now, Let Discuss the Second Part (b)
What are the Health And Safety Targets That An Organisation Could Set:
Health and Safety Targets that an Organisation Could Set, Include:
- A reduction in the number of accidents and defined incidents;
- An improvement in the reporting of near miss incidents or minor accidents and inspection and audit scores;
- A reduction in actions taken by the enforcement authorities and in the number of civil claims;
- A reduction in sickness absence and absenteeism;
- An improvement in the outcome of benchmarking of performance against like organizations;
- A reduction in insurance costs;
- An increase in the degree of worker involvement and additionally in the number of workers trained in health and safety.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: