Identify SIX categories of persons who may be shown in the ‘organization’ section of a health and safety policy document AND state their likely general or specific health and safety responsibilities.
- Directors and senior managers (responsible for setting policy, objectives and targets;
- Supervisors (responsible for checking day-to-day compliance with the policy;
- Safety advisers (responsible for giving advice during accident investigations and on compliance issues;
- Other specialist, such as an occupational nurse, chemical analyst and an electrician (responsible for giving specialist advice on particular health and safety issues;
- Safety representatives (responsible for representing employees during consultation meetings on health and safety issues with the employer;
- Employees (responsible for taking reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions;
- Fire marshals (responsible for the safe evacuation of the building in an emergency;
- First aiders (responsible for administering first aid to injured persons;
For smaller organizations, some of the specialists mentioned above may well be employed on a consultancy basis.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Study Notes Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Slides Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC eBooks Pdf Free Download
- NEBOSH Diploma Examiners Reports Download