Outline The Specific Factors That Should Be Considered When Assessing Risks To Employees Working On Night Shifts
There are a range of specific factors that need to be taken into consideration when looking at persons expected to work on a night shift including:
- Frequency of shift changes – what is the shift pattern
- Level of supervision
- The fitness of persons expected to work during such periods
- Adequate time between shift changes (if on rotating shifts)
- Availability of first aid arrangements and other emergency contingencies
- Temperature control
- Security arrangements are suitable and sufficient as the risk of crime may be higher
- Access to specialist advice and guidance
- Transportation to and from the place of work
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download