Identify The Typical Content Of The ‘Statement Of Intent’ Section Of An Organisation’s Health And Safety Policy Document.
The following points should be included or considered when a health and safety policy statement is being drafted:
- The aims should cover health and safety, welfare and relevant environmental issues
- The position of the senior person in the organization or company who is responsible for health and safety (normally the chief executive)
- The names of the health and safety adviser and any safety representatives
- A commitment to the basic requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation (access, egress, risk assessments, safe plant and systems of work, use, handling, transport and handling of articles and substances, information, training and supervision)
- A commitment to the additional requirements of the good management of health and safety in the workplace (risk assessment, emergency procedures, health surveillance and employment of competent persons)
- Duties towards the wider general public and others (contractors, customers, students, etc.)
- The principal hazards in the organization
- Specific policies of the organization (e.g. Smoking policy, violence to staff, etc.)
- A commitment to employee consultation possibly using a safety committee or plant council
- Specific performance targets for the immediate and long term future.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download