Use Of Engineering Control to Reduce the Noise In The Workplace.
Types of engineering control that might be used to reduce noise in the workplace such as:
- Changing the process, for example, using screws instead of rivets or substituting a machine with a diesel engine with one which was electrically driven;
- Providing sound proof enclosures such as a hood for a printer;
- Controlling vibration by the use of resilient machinery mounts and flexible pipes;
- Damping by changing a material being used such as plastic instead of glass;
- Noise absorption by the use of acoustic absorbing ceiling baffles and screens;
- Using silencers to reduce sound energy emitted from exhaust pipes; and
- Introducing a program of planned maintenance which would include lubrication of moving parts of machinery.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safe systems of work
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- National Government Contribution Towards Health and Safety
- Definitions Of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environmental Protection
Other Important Useful Links: