Give reasons why a verbal instruction may not be clearly understood by a site operative.
Reasons should include:
- Noise and distractions may mean that persons are unable to clearly hear what is being said
- Use of technical jargon may mean that people mis-understand the information being communicated
- Complexity of information sometimes meets with the information receivers turning their minds off and not listening as they do not understand what is trying to be communicated
- Communication is ambiguous
- Language / dialect barriers is a big problem in some regions, both from the communicator or the receiver, sometimes the same words have different meanings or implications
- Sensory impairment for example a receiver having a hearing deficiency or the communicator having a serious stammer
- Mental difficulty may mean the receiver is not capable of absorbing information to any extent
- Lack of attention by persons clearly not interested in the topic
- Inexperience of persons not used to having to receive information at work i.e. young workers
- Lengthy communication chains may be a problem if translations are required covering several languages – sometimes a problem in the Middle East for example.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links:
- HSE Interview Questions and Answers
- NEBOSH IGC Past Papers Free Download
- NEBOSH IGC Examiner Reports Free Download