Identify ways in which a manager could involve workers in the improvement of health and safety in the workplace.
There are following ways such as:
- Involving workers in risk assessments, accident investigations, the selection of equipment and the development of safe systems and procedures;
- Encouraging hazard spotting and the reporting of defects;
- Setting up suggestion schemes for improvements;
- Organising training courses and information programmes;
- Supporting active involvement in safety committee meetings;
- Being accompanied by workers or their representatives on safety tours and inspections;
- Giving workers responsibilities for mentoring young and inexperienced workers.
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: