- Outline the legal requirements whereby an employer must prepare a written health and safety policy.
- Identify the three main sections of a health and safety policy document and explain the purpose and general content of each section.
An employer must prepare a written health and safety policy when he employs five or more persons.
- Statement of Intent – which demonstrates management’s commitment to health and safety and sets goals and objectives for the organisation),
- Organisation – the purpose of which is to allocate health and safety responsibilities within the company
- Arrangements – which sets out in detail the systems and procedures to show how the policy is to be implemented
Other Important Health and Safety Topics:
- How to Pass NEBOSH IGC In First Attempt?
- Guidance On NEBOSH Command Words / Action Verbs
- Why We Manage Health and Safety?
- Barriers In Promoting Good Standards Of Health And Safety at Workplace.
- Purpose Of Three Main Sections Of An Organization’s Health And Safety Policy.
- Circumstances That May Require A Health And Safety Policy To Be Reviewed
- Setting Of Health and Safety Targets & Their Importance
- Reasons Why An Organization Should Review Its Health And Safety Performance
Other Important Useful Links: